Ambiguity in INDEX_SIZE_ERROR exception explanations?

From: W. Scott Means <smeans@moonlightideas.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 18:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org
Hello!  My name is Scott Means, and I'm working on an XML book for
O'Reilly.  As a result, I've been going over the spec at a pretty minute
level, and I have a question.  In the CharacterData interface, several
methods accept an offset into the data attribute, and the documentation

INDEX_SIZE_ERR: Raised if the specified offset is negative or
	greater than the number of characters in <code>data</code>.

Since all offsets in the CharacterData interface are intended to be zero
based, shouldn't this read "Raised if the specified offset is negative, or
greater than or equal to the number of characters in <code>data</code>."
In zero-based operations, the valid range is 0 <= index < length, right?

Just checking.

    Scott Means