Passing parameters from Browser IE5 to DOM java applet

From: Felix Lam <felixlam98@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 16:02:45 PST
To: www-dom@w3.org
I don't know if this is a right forum to ask such as question. If not,
please kindly redirect me to another newsgroup. Thanks

Upon clicking a particular line in the XML document in IE5.0b2, is it
possible to pass two information:

1. XML tags in that line
2. contents within the tag

to a java applet. I can now run the applet by:

java test.java <parameter1> <parameter2>

E.g.
<Employee>
	<Name>Paul Smith</Name>
</Employee>

So I want to ask if I click on the "Paul Smith" line shown on the
Browser,
Can I somehow pass two parameters "Paul Smith" and <Name> to the Java
applet?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Felix