Re: Modifying the text component of a DOM Node

From: David Brownell <db@argon.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:29:39 -0700
To: byrnes@prl.research.philips.com
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, xml-feedback@java.sun.com
> Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 15:03:53 +0100
> From: Nigel Byrnes <byrnes@prl.research.philips.com>
>
> Hi Mike and David
>
> Thanks for your replies. The sun DOM API doesn't allow me to do this
> directly.

I think a more correct statement is that "DOM" doesn't let you
do what you want without writing some additional code.  You were
neither running into bugs, nor were you using extended facilities
in Sun's implementation (e.g. namespace support).  So it's nothing
specific to work Sun has done.

There are more and less efficient ways to do what you're doing,
within the context of the DOM APIs.  We're glad that you have a
solution that works for you!

- Dave