Re: [XML-SIG] RE: Equality tests on DOM nodes

From: Fred L. Drake <fdrake@cnri.reston.va.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:54:43 -0500 (EST)
To: Gabe Wachob <gwachob@aimnet.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, xml-sig@python.org

Gabe Wachob writes:
 > Before you define equality generally for nodes, don't you have to define
 > equality for each element and even each attribute? This may be a trivial
 > Another issue would be order of children. Without a DTD, how do you tell
 > when order of child elements is significant? Perhaps this has to be an

  Very good points.  This makes it incredibly expensive to "do it
right" with any level of abstraction.
  I guess it's not that hard to just write a routine that "does the
right thing" for exactly what is needed in each case.  And it's
looking increasingly appropriate.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191