Re: [XML-SIG] RE: Equality tests on DOM nodes

Fred L. Drake writes:

>Gabe Wachob writes:
> > Another issue would be order of children. Without a DTD, how do you tell
> > when order of child elements is significant? Perhaps this has to be an
>
>  I guess it's not that hard to just write a routine that "does the
>right thing" for exactly what is needed in each case.  And it's
>looking increasingly appropriate.

Indeed; it looks like there are several different variations on what
equality would mean for a DOM node, and none seems obvious as the most
intuitive meaning for ==.  So the best course seems to be to define ==
applied between nodes to raise an exception, to be changed in case DOM
Level N defines it, and have a collection of functions which implement
different equality tests.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
The large body of the swan wedged in the shattered glass of the car windscreen