RE: DOM Level 2 Core Features

From: Tom Otvos <tomo@everyware.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 23:13:06 -0500
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Oh, I left out one major thing for me (and I suspect others): thread safety.
Even if it results in no overt API changes, the statement that DOM can be
used in a server environment is essential.  There will probably be more to
it than that, but I second Stephen's comment that DOM should be robust
enough for "real applications".  I would merely refine it to say "including
real *server* applications".

I am working on that aspect now in my implementation, and would be happy to
pass on any insights along the way.

Tom Otvos
Director of Research, Pervasive Software Inc.
"Try not! Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda