Re: Case-sensitive HTML 4.0 (was Re: More DOM grey areas ...)

Don Park wrote:

> I went back and 'scanned' the spec again and
> found nothing about case-sensitive names.  Aren't you perhaps refering to
> case-sensitive ATTRIBUTE VALUES and not case-sensitive NAMES?

Seemingly so.  Unfortunately, the HTML DOM documentation uses the
term "name" in the sense "value of the 'name' attribute" rather
than the sense employed in clause 3.2.1 of HTML 4.0.

For example, the getElementsByName method returns elements with
a given attribute value for the 'name' attribute, rather than
a given HTML name (= SGML general identifier, XML element type).