Case-sensitive HTML 4.0 (was Re: More DOM grey areas ...)

From: Don Park <donpark@quake.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:28:25 -0700
To: "www-dom" <www-dom@w3.org>

>> I wasn't aware that there was anything in HTML4 that had a
>> case-sensitive name; could you provide an example or two?
>Neither was I, until a couple of weeks ago when I started
>going through the spec with a fine-tooth comb.

Because you raised the issue, I went back and 'scanned' the spec again and
found nothing about case-sensitive names.  Aren't you perhaps refering to
case-sensitive ATTRIBUTE VALUES and not case-sensitive NAMES?

If so, then only that affects the HTML layer of the DOM spec are the
following facts:

1. 'id' attribute value is case-sensitive.
2. 'name' attribute value may or may not be case-sensitive depending on the

Don Park