Re: Consensus on the gray areas of the DOM API

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:18:04 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
Sounds like we're now in agreement, Don... assuming nobody on the committee
tells us we're both wrong. <g> It would be nice to know whether folks have
an opinion on setValue(null), though I don't think it's a critical issue.

I actually agree with you that the value of creating the empty text node in
response to setValue("") is negligible, or arguably even negative. I just
didn't bother to special-case that string; the real-world impact is likely
to be small since empty-but-present attributes are an uncommon case.
Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research
Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are solely those of the author.