Re: Relation between core DOM and HTML DOM

Arnaud Le Hors wrote:

> This is wrong. Attribute names just like element names are
> case-sensitive for XML documents and case-insensitive for HTML
> documents. No matter what interface you're using. I wish the spec was
> clearer on this actually, I just checked and although nothing says
> otherwise it's not clearly stated either, but I can garantee you that
> what's intended.

Clause 1.1.6 is pretty clear here: case normalization is an
HTML processor problem, not a DOM problem, and the standard
normalizations are being defined by W3C/I18N.  (Are they really?
Most i18n folks think case normalization is a crawling horror.)

It is also stated (in clauses 2.5.1 and 2.5.3) that HTML element
types are uppercase and enumerated attribute values are propercase,
but nothing is said about attribute names, perhaps because
they are always exposed as properties anyway.  Still, since
clause 2.5.1 recommends using the core methods for fetching
properties, it would be nice to nail down the issue.