Re: Document cloneNode

From: <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 12:12:27 -0400
To: www-dom@w3.org
Yep, it's a choice between setOwnerDoc, or a version of Clone that sets
ownerDoc as a side effect (which avoids a second tree-walk), or trying to
guess what Level 2 might look like and implement some form of
cloneByContent on all the nodes.

A dozen of one, six-and-a-half of the other...

I'll do one of these some time in the next day or two, but I'd love to have
a good excuse not to <smile>. It's very much special-case code as far as
Level 1 is concerned, and I've been trying to keep my code size down
without sacrificing architecture.
Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research
Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are solely those of the author.