C++ specification for DOM

From: Kent Sievers <KSievers@novell.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:41:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-dom@w3.org
I am tasked with producing code that reads/writes data to/from a
proprietary data store into/out of DOM objects that can then be taken
to/from XML.  In addition to JAVA, I am required to produce a C++
version of the code.  The JAVA language binding, along with several
samples of XML parsers has given me all I need for the JAVA
implementation.

Will there be a C++ definiton published?

In C++ do I assume "get" and "set" functions identical to the JAVA ones:
e.g. getNodeValue and setNodeValue?  Do they go in front of the other
interfaces, like they do in JAVA?

I have to also have a release function.  Do I just call it release?
Does it go in front of all the other interface calls, like it was
inherited from a base, or does it go on the end?

This may seem trivial, but I really want the objects that I produce to
be castable as DOM objects by anyone I give them to, using whatever C++
software they are using.

Please help me.
KSievers@novell.com