Re: [Spam?] Why do you allow vendors to publish interfaces using org.w3c.dom

From: Don Park <donpark@quake.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:30:34 -0700
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Joe,

>I would presume the XML4J folks are planning to cut over to a more recent
>implementation of the DOM after it's come out the other end of the PR
>process.
>I would hope that DataChannel plans to do likewise. Once they have,
>compatability will be re-established and the problem Goes Away.

Everything will be as you described because anything else just does  not
make any sense.  DataChannel's DXP started out with my Free-DOM/SAXDOM which
had my own rendition of org.w3c.dom package (there wasn't any Java binding
files at the time) which is out of sync with the current version of
Free-DOM.  All this will be sorted out once we go REC.

I would like to suggest that, for REC, we provide binary-only JAR and ZIP
files along with the current source and binary ZIP.

Don