Re: A few questions

From: Don Park <donpark@quake.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 18:54:54 -0700
To: <www-dom@w3.org>, "Mike Champion" <mcc@arbortext.com>
Hi Mike,

>>If an Attribute is a Node, and you call getParent on it, what should it
>>return?
>
>The Element (IMHO)

This is what I thought also until I realized that it could cause problems if
an Attribute is shared among multiple element (this could happen if the
attribute is FIXED or is inherited as DEFAULT value).  Furthermore, I think
it is confusing to have getParent returned the element when Attribute is not
a child of the element.

Best wishes,

Don