A few questions

From: Hank Davidson <hankd@corel.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 14:39:45 -0600
To: www-dom@w3.org
There are a couple of areas I still don't understand.

Why doesn't the Attribute interface extend Node?  When there are methods
named getAttributeNode and setAttributeNode, it seems to imply that an
Attribute is a Node.  getAttributes() returns a NodeIterator, yet there
is no documented way to get the Attribute from the Nodes returned by the
iterator, unless an Attribute extends Node.

If an Attribute is a Node, and you call getParent on it, what should it

In the Element interface, getElementByTagName doesn't return anything.
Should it return a NodeIterator?

BTW, I'd rather have an opinion than "we'll clarify it in the next spec"