Re: Core specification

From: (wrong string) <wdonne@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 09:06:20 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org
Mike Champion wrote:

> >- Everything in the XML specification that has to do with the document
> >type
> >definition, ie almost the whole of it, should be in Core because it is
> >common
> >to XML and HTML. In HTML a number of operations will return empty lists
> >of
> >course. Note that the Attribute interface refers to document type
> >information.

> There is a strong feeling that the Core should be as small as possible, and
> that any objects that are not relevant to HTML users should not be
> represented in Core.  Do you see a serious problem with leaving DTDs out of
> Core?

No I don't. The Core and XML parts are the ones that interest me the
most and I will be using them together anyway. I understand it would be
unusual to consult the DTD when working with a HTML document. Strictly
speaking this could be possible however, because an implicit DTD is
always present for HTML. But it is indeed not important.

Regards,

--
Werner Donn
Re BVBA