Re: Core specification

Thanks for your very perceptive comments; those that are outright errors
will be fixed, those that call for discussion will be discussed!

A few questions/comments:

At 11:47 AM 4/8/98 -0400, Werner Donne' wrote:

>- I see no reason why Document should be derived from DocumentFragment.

Why not? It's a special type of DocumentFragment that has addtional
properties that pertain only to "top-level"documents?

>- Everything in the XML specification that has to do with the document
>type
>definition, ie almost the whole of it, should be in Core because it is
>common
>to XML and HTML. In HTML a number of operations will return empty lists
>of
>course. Note that the Attribute interface refers to document type
>information.

There is a strong feeling that the Core should be as small as possible, and
that any objects that are not relevant to HTML users should not be
represented in Core.  Do you see a serious problem with leaving DTDs out of
Core?

>- Is Element.normalize recursive?

Yes.

Mike Champion