Re: "include-source" property of an ID or CLASS

From: Taylor <taylor@wired.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:45:06 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
cc: Stuart Harris <sirrah@baluga.maximumaccess.com>, www-dom@w3.org
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Paul Prescod wrote:

|HTML has always had this. It inherits it from SGML. It is called an
|"external entity" Just encourage browser developers to incorporate it or
|encourage them to implement XML (which also inherits it from SGML) and
|move to that.

Yes, yes, yes I know.  But as always I need to publish to joe sixpack who
lives in the here and now.  I've been pushing for this external entity to
be implemented in through the object tag.  Is that a valid place?  I've
been speaking to my local browser vendor (Microsoft) to include this
functionality, but in an appropriate place.  Object seems to be a good
candidate. CSS does not.

  "California seceding will not meet
                                 Taylor's need for spiritual development."
Wired Digital's Minister of Ambiance and Energy----------------------------