Re: "include-source" property of an ID or CLASS

Taylor wrote:
> Yes, yes, yes I know.  But as always I need to publish to joe sixpack who
> lives in the here and now.

As you know, you can't, either my way or your way.

> I've been pushing for this external entity to
> be implemented in through the object tag.  Is that a valid place?

I don't think so, for two reasons:

#1. The OBJECT tag includes an essentially opaque object. I don't think
it should have radically different semantics when it is including HTML
code.

#2. The feature *already exists*. There is syntax for it, documentation
for it, working implementations (not browsers, but hundreds of other
tools), well-defined semantics, etc.

#3. The external entity feature must be implemented for XML anyhow. Now
is as good a time as tomorrow.

> I've
> been speaking to my local browser vendor (Microsoft) to include this
> functionality, but in an appropriate place.  Object seems to be a good
> candidate. CSS does not.

I disagree with the former statement but agree with the latter.

 Paul Prescod