Re: [dom-xpath] Competing Proposals Proposal

From: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus <Scott_Boag@lotus.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 20:35:07 -0400
To: www-dom-xpath@w3.org

Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com> wrote:
> In other words an API that supports both
> feature sets will be a 2) rather than a 1) in any case.

I was thinking that 1) would be a method directly on the node, as the
Microsoft and Oracle methods are today, while 2) would be a separate
interface, minimal but with an eventual complete interface in mind.

> Afterthought - do we need to declare some kind of error handling if an
> XPath expression is called on an XML Fragment?

Yes, I think so.  Also there certainly ought to be a SyntaxException
object, at least on 2) and 3).

-scott