Re: [dom-xpath] Competing Proposals Proposal

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:

> Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com> wrote:
> > In other words an API that supports both
> > feature sets will be a 2) rather than a 1) in any case.
>
> I was thinking that 1) would be a method directly on the node, as the
> Microsoft and Oracle methods are today, while 2) would be a separate
> interface, minimal but with an eventual complete interface in mind.

In this case, is the choice between 1) and 2) something like this?:

ease of initial use:	(1) +1;	(2): 0?
ease of implementation:	(1) ?; 	(2) ?
ease of expansion:	(1) -1;	(2) +1

Are there any other big issues?

I'd be happy to work through my use case and any others suggested using
(1) and (2) syntaxes to investigate the ease of use / slope of learning
curve, once we have a (2)-style proposal.

Francis.