RE: Is minimalism a goal?

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 19:32:16 +0100
To: <www-dom-xpath@w3.org>

Scott Boag

     "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@virgin.net> wrote:
     > As a generality I'd say *aim* for minimal (KISS principle).
     > I was a little concerned with, for instance, all the 'nice to have's'
     > appearing after Michael's proposed summary.

     Though a lot of the follow-up items were from me, I would
     agree.  However,
     we also need to know where the design is likely to go as it
     grows.  KISS is
     not a good thing if the designers are blind to the curves
     ahead.  Make a
     list of potential user requirements, then purposefully say
     what we're not
     going to do on the first pass.  Have a rough plan, even though
     we may only
     implement 10% of the plan.

OK, thats an improvement Scott:-)

Know what the vision is, but isolate the (achievable) steps
towards that goal.

[One of those, shit, why didn't I think of that, days]

<chuckles/> DaveP