RE: XPath API start

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 18:34:39 +0100
To: www-dom-xpath@w3.org
Scott Boag wrote,
> jeroen@tcf.nl wrote:
> > Below you can find an XPath API as we've been implementing
> Cool.  This isn't so far from my thoughts, and much closer
> than having methods directly on the Node object.

Whoa!

Is this in scope for this list? I didn't think we were
discussing an XPath API, I thought we were discussing a DOM
API for XPath queries?

Not that I'm against an XPath API as such (we've got a Java
specific one of our own), but for any such thing to have any
chance of a W3C seal of approval, it *must* take the same tack
as the DOM: ie. it must be language *independent*.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews