Re: Concerns regarding the W3 Document Object Model (DOM) Conformance Test Suites

From: Andrew Clover <and-w3@doxdesk.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:59:37 +0000
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org

Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com> wrote:

> mark the tests that fail as requiring validation.

In this case there will be no test that attribute defaulting/normalisation
works at all; it is my understanding that a non-validating parser should
still respect attribute declarations given in the internal subset.

Why not simply copy the significant <!ATTLIST>s from the DTD into the
internal subset of staff[NS].xml? This is how I persuaded my non-validating
implementation to pass L1/L2 Core.

Andrew Clover