RE: RE: DOMOutputStream

From: Jeroen van Rotterdam <jvrdam@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:43:02 +0100 (CET)
To: www-dom-ts@w3.org

Curt wrote:

>For the load/save tests, I always expected that we would need to add some
>similar test framework implemented classes.  However, you are probably
in >a better position to enumerate the capabilities that you would want.

Ok, browsing through the spec I believe that the following methods are
required to write certain LS tests:

- a method to create a new File OutputStream a.k.a. in java new
FileOutputStream(String fileName)
- a method to close a DOMOutputStream
- a method to create a new File object a.k.a in java: new File(String
filename)
- a method to test the existence of a file
- a method to test whether a substring appears in a file
- a method to get the size of a file
- a method to create a new FileReader from a File object
- a method to create a new byte array output stream
- a method to create a new input stream from a URL
- the ability to create a new input stream from an output stream
- a method to get a substring of DOMString

- A method to create a new input stream from a string variable

I guess we don't need that. DOMInputSource.stringData is meant for that one.

Best regards,

jeroen

=====
X-Hive Corporation