Re: Assert functionality

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> > "Arnold, Curt" wrote:
> > Still haven't heard back from Philippe if either the IBM Public License (JUnit)
> > or Apache license (Avalon Testlet) passes the W3C license requirements.
>
> I checked the Apache license [1] and I don't see any problem with it.
> We're checking the IBM public license [2] currently for its compatibility with
> the W3C Software license.
> Unfortunately, this is not the case for the jsunit framework (GPL).

After some clarifications, it is in fact ok to use IBM Public License or GPL
softwares for the DOM Test Suites. As long as we only use them, there is no
issues. If we need to modify them, then neither the GPL or the IBM Public license
would do it. The Apache license is fine.
So we don't really need to develop special harness for the DOM
Conformance Test Suites in ECMAScript and Java if we don't modify the *Unit
harnesses. As Dimitris pointed out, we still need to be sure that the tests can
be reused with an other harness.

Philippe