From: "Dimitris Dimitriadis" <dimitris.dimitriadis@improve.se>
To: <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 5:25 AM
Subject: [General] Status?

> I presume that most people, like myself, will have some weeks off this
> month, so it seems to be a good idea to get a picture of the current
status.

> Below you'll find a list of action items with status indicators. Please
> remind me if I have forgotten anything.
>
> (W3C) CVS rights to DOM TS Group. Have all who should received
information?

> (Dimitris) I have the update on the process document [done, published at
> http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTS-Process]
>
> (Dimitris/All) also I'm looking over both the
> schema and XSL to generate it to sanity check and document further. In
> addition, I want to start putting material on the DOM TS page at W3C, so
> please have one final go at Curt's and Mary's submitted material before I
do
> so. [Unfortunately my timeframe has been a bit limited due to finishing
off
> before the summer. I should be able to send some comments soon, however]

[mb] I'm looking at it as well as we go through the translation of the NIST
tests.

> (Dimitris/Mary) From the DOM WG meeting, we have a wish for a simple
harness
> to generate
> straightforward results of at least the ECMA tests. Mary, could we look at
> your older solution? [Mary? Could I have your input on this?]

I agree that it would be more straightforward to do this after we are sure
that
the Java translator is done.  The older NIST ECMAScript harness presupposes
the ability to synchronously load an xml file -- something that Mozilla did
not
support last time I looked.  As a result, all tests will have to be
rewritten to
make use an asynchronous load -- that is, load the file first, and then run
the test.
I suggest that instead of rewriting the tests for this purpose that we just
rewrite
them for the xml-ized version, and translate using a stylesheet.  There are
about
800 html tests, of which about 200 overlapped with the java tests, so they
are just
about ready to go.  The others will have to be rewritten -- hard to say how
long
that will take, but we will start next week -- I would say no longer than 1
month,
maybe as little as two weeks.

> (Mary) Given that we do indeed finalize this fairly soon, how long will it
> take
> us to translate the existing tests? Mary? [Being done, do we have a date
on
> this?]

[mb] The fundamental/extended tests are just about ready -- almost all of
the fundamental
tests were already posted on our web site, available from the test matrix.
I have
to rerun them against the new java translator, with if support.  The
remaining ones
have been translated, but need some minor editing -- should be ready in 2
days time.
All of the tests will have to be modified slightly to incorporate namespace
info and
metadata as soon as it is decided on...

> (Dimitris/Fred) We have Fred who's volounteered to write the documentation
> together with
> me. I look forward to start doing this once we've finalized the schema.
> [Should we coordinate work on a tutorial, Fred?]
>
> (Dimitris/Curt) We need to look into the resolution/status options for the
> submitted
> tests, eg. by adding a pending option while a test is being investigated
by
> the DOM WG. Also we should decide on whether we submit through a mailig
list
> or SF. [Have we dropped the idea to use SourceForge for _issue tracking_?
If
> not, I should include this to the domconftest. It would also simplify
> packaging, building only with stable tests]

[mb] Did I miss something -- I thought we were using CVS from W3C and issue
tracking from SourceForge???

> (Curt/Mary/Dimitris) Rewrite styelsheets for code generation (Java and
ECMA
> primarily, others
> welcome) (NIST for the Java one, ECMA open) [Java published, has anyone
> started work on the ECMA one?]

[mb] Curt, are you doing the ECMA one -- it kind of sounded like you were
interested from your last message.

> (Curt, Dimitris?) Work on the details for test suite packaging  [do we
have
> more input that what has been on the list already?]
>
> (Mary/Dimitris) Produce a test matrix [Pending on my comments on HTML]
>
> (Mary) Produce a list of semantic requirements (Mary, is connected to the
> test
> matrix) [ready by now?]

[mb] The semantic requirements have been incorporated into the test matrix
as the
test purpose.  This is no longer a separate issue.  I think I have to go
back over a
couple more fundamental interfaces, all of the extended, and of course,
html. The
already identified test purposes are probably close, but there may be a
couple of
items that were overlooked.