Re: FW: DOM Level 2 HTML in Last Call

Thanks for the update Curt, you put me at shame as I should have done
the update.

Since you are going to update build.xml, please take the following into
account (we can move the discussion offline if you prefer):

1. Point to patch files  as if they were in a separate directory, it's a
cosmetic but irritating point that they are the only ones floating
around in the top-level directory
2. Could we kame use of the descritpion attribute on the top-level tasks
instead of creting out own usage targets? ant -projecthelp lists them
and you get relevant statement directly from the tasks (got this tip in
an email about the Ant/xalan problems we've had)

Please let me know if I can help

/Dimitris

On Friday, December 7, 2001, at 08:17  PM, Arnold, Curt wrote:

> DOM Level 2 HTML has just been moved to Last Call (see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2001OctDec/0129.html).  I'll
> update the build.xml to point to the new version over the weekend and
> raise
> any issues encountered.
>
> I'm also going to try to finish up the contentType extensions that allow
> tests to be run on different types of content (specifically XML, HTML,
> XHTML
> and SVG) and enable HTML testing on IE and Mozilla.
>
> We haven't had any more HTML tests committed.  I would really like to
> have a
> look at as many HTML tests as possible before we put DOM L1 Core to bed
> since I assume that there are at least some tests that don't use HTML
> specific interfaces and are really just Core (and likely Core L1) tests
> operating on HTML documents.  Any chance that we could have more tests
> committed?
>
> Should be pretty quick to filter them, if an HTML test validates
> against a
> modified version of dom1.xsd (modified to change the namespace from
> Level-1
> to Level-2), it is most likely really a DOM L1 Core test.

---
Dimitris Dimitriadis
dimitris@ontologicon.com
http://www.ontologicon.com