RE: FW: DOM Level 2 HTML in Last Call

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:50:47 -0700
To: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
> 1. Point to patch files  as if they were in a separate
> directory, it's a
> cosmetic but irritating point that they are the only ones floating
> around in the top-level directory

That the patch files are needed at all is also irritating, I'll move them.

> 2. Could we kame use of the descritpion attribute on the
> top-level tasks
> instead of creting out own usage targets? ant -projecthelp lists them
> and you get relevant statement directly from the tasks (got
> this tip in
> an email about the Ant/xalan problems we've had)

The description attribute is helpful, unfortunately there are a lot of
targets that are not intended for external use (they'd make good "private"
tasks if there were such a concept) and the resulting output of projecthelp
won't distinguish between the useful targets and the not so useful ones.

I've also done some piecemeal changes to eliminate the <get>'ing of static
content (the specs, jsunit, junit) when they are available locally.  I'll
finish that up and they will make running the build while offline painless.