RE: SURVEY: Test case naming

From: Arnold, Curt <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:37:41 -0600
To: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>
> I do think shorter names would be good. I'd prefer a
> compromise between short and mnemonic but I'm slightly
> concerned that F/G might start to become rather verbose again
> ("Element_getAttributesByTagName27" is exactly 32 characters.)

Good point.

> I'm not really concerned about preserving the history right
> now, since there isn't much history yet to be preserved...

> I haven't looked at the testcase DTD recently, so this may be
> a dumb question -- Does it allow sufficiently structured
> internal documentation to build an index of the testcases
> sorted by interface, feature, and brief description? If not,
> should it?

It does.  A test or suite contain a <metadata> element that contains elements patterned after Dublin Core.   Each test should contain several <subject resource="uri"/> which points to specific
passages in the spec.  Transforms/subjects.xsl will produce a list of canonical URL's for a particular spec.