Re: SURVEY: Test case naming

From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:12:50 -0400
To: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
Cc: "'www-dom-ts@w3.org'" <www-dom-ts@w3.org>

A) -0
B) +0
C) -0
D) +0.5
E) +0.5
F) +0.5
G) +0.5

I do think shorter names would be good. I'd prefer a compromise between
short and mnemonic but I'm slightly concerned that F/G might start to
become rather verbose again ("Element_getAttributesByTagName27" is exactly
32 characters.)

I'm not really concerned about preserving the history right now, since
there isn't much history yet to be preserved...

I haven't looked at the testcase DTD recently, so this may be a dumb
question -- Does it allow sufficiently structured internal documentation to
build an index of the testcases sorted by interface, feature, and brief
description? If not, should it?

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research