Re: Expressions in DISelect versus MQ

On Wed, 17 May 2006 11:37:19 +0200, Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org> wrote:
> You've almost answered your own question: the media attribute in
> XHTML2.0 _only_ takes a CSS2 media type (aural, braille, etc.).
>
> That wasn't enough for the people who designed DIAL, and that's why the
> expr attribute from DISelect allows complex XPath epxressions.

Well, instead of inventing new things you could give comments (or ask) to
the HTML WG regarding this. In the end I think, if XHTML 2.0 ever ends up
being implemented, you would like to support media queries there. Just
like media queries currently extends HTML4 in some way.

The DI WG could also introduce an attribute similar to media="" which does
accept a media query.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>