Re: camera as input device?

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@cs.helsinki.fi>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:22:35 +0200
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: www-di@w3.org

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:55:32AM +0000, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> I am not sure that I understand your meaning, could you please expand?

Oops I thought you were referring to image inputs to a Web app.
Something I was thinking about recently.

> I was referring to motion detection software, that is interpreted as a
> pointer for the UA.

Searched around? There is plenty of research and software on the topic.

I do not see how this relates to unleashing the potential of the web or
rather W3C should "standardise" this.

> http://www.peepo.co.uk     "It's easy to use"

Easy to use!??!? Oh please! A proprietary plugin required.