Environment settings objects vs global objects

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 19:15:26 +0200
To: Bobby Holley <bholley@mozilla.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>, Brian Terlson <Brian.Terlson@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi,

There's quite a few of concepts that seem to map 1:1 to globals. I'm
wondering if I should try to get rid of environment settings objects
in favor of adding its internal slots to global objects. I could also
add them to Realms I suppose, if that was preferred. Not sure what the
current thinking of Realms vs globals is. I guess Realms might make
more sense if we're getting that Realm object.

https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/167 has some extra words.

Thanks,

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/