Re: Shepherd

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Linss, Peter <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:
>> Tab has admin access to the spec db as well for adding new specs or updating
>> URLs and such.
>
> For WHATWG, we publish https://resources.whatwg.org/biblio.json these
> days. Which I just realized is missing an entry, but if you scrap that
> and go from there, you'll find all our specifications eventually.

Note that Bikeshed's data files contain basically all the information
from Shepherd, just in a different format optimized for Bikeshed's
purposes.  In particular, the specs.json file is a reformatted version
of the JSON that Shepherd sends me, and contains all the specs that
Shepherd is tracking.

>> We are planning on making a general index page at some point in the not too
>> distant future. Something that will use the anchor DB to create a master
>> index of all the CSS properties, HTML & SVG elements and attributes, and all
>> the IDL constructs, linking back to the specs where they’re all defined.
>> Having that will definitely put any omissions or errors right out front as
>> well.
>
> Ooh, that sounds nice!

I actually already wrote the code to generate indexes from arbitrary
sets of specs, and we're using it in the 2015 snapshot. I should just
go ahead and publish a bare-bones version of the "all the specs" data.

~TJ