Re: Shepherd

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 09:22:46 +0200
To: "Linss, Peter" <peter.linss@hp.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Linss, Peter <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:
> These days it’s best to just ping me (or Tab) via email or IRC. Relatively
> simple things get fixed pretty quickly.

Thank you, will do.

> Tab has admin access to the spec db as well for adding new specs or updating
> URLs and such.

For WHATWG, we publish https://resources.whatwg.org/biblio.json these
days. Which I just realized is missing an entry, but if you scrap that
and go from there, you'll find all our specifications eventually.

> The one thing it won’t parse is Respec source, so if you have Respec specs,
> it needs a URL of the Respec output (the parser is written in Python and
> can’t run js client-side).

We avoid ReSpec.

> For W3C specs we use the /TR shortname, for WHATWG we just pick something,
> happy to change them or have you tell us what you want there.

All our specifications are published at [shortname].spec.whatwg.org.
That shortname would be ideal.

> We are planning on making a general index page at some point in the not too
> distant future. Something that will use the anchor DB to create a master
> index of all the CSS properties, HTML & SVG elements and attributes, and all
> the IDL constructs, linking back to the specs where they’re all defined.
> Having that will definitely put any omissions or errors right out front as
> well.

Ooh, that sounds nice!

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/