Re: hasProvenance property name [MAYBE URGENT]

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:13:26 +0000
To: Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Paul Groth <p.t.groth@vu.nl>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> agreed. or prov:provenance?

+1, I think this simpler style that looks nicer for the purpose of
link headers. Also for prov:queryservice or prov:query_service this
style would avoid the slightly confusing ownership implication by
'has' (it could be a third-party query service)

However in the RDF version of using Prov-AQ (and I think the terms
should be the same both for the Link URIs and the RDF predicates) this
would go against the general verb-and-show-directionality-style of
PROV-O properties. However, for the PROV-AQ terms (see below) the
directionality is quite clear.

So in Luc's style, the PROV-AQ Link types would be (the expanded version of):

prov:provenance
prov:anchor
prov:queryservice (or prov:query_service)
prov:pingback

Ie. the PROV-XX HTMLs would include instead something like this in <head.:

  <link rel="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#provenance" href="prov-XX-prov.ttl" />

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science