Re: Invited Expert Agreement

> Hi Philippe,
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
>> [T]he W3C Members told us by an overwhelming majority (80%) is
>> that, when you are on the W3C Rec-track, they feel that the
>> specifications must not be forkable.
> 80% of the W3C Members, or 80% of those that remembered to vote?
>

>> We certainly understand and respect your opinion about the copyright
>> issue.  Nonetheless, we would still be very disappointed if this
>> results in your not participating as an IE. We will certainly continue
>> to look for a common ground between the various communities.
> I cannot participate via the Invited Expert Agreement knowing that my
> creative input will end up tied to a single organisation rather than
> the whole world. The web is for everyone, its documentation should be
> too.

Anne, I respect your pov, but I am also disappointed that you feel you
cannot participate.

You are a vital contributor to W3C and part of my responsibility is to
ensure that people like you can continue to contribute despite obstacles.

I would like to meet with you personally to discuss.  Will you be at
TPAC?  If so, I'd like to meet with you there.  If not, would you allow
me to visit you in Amsterdam either the week before or the week after TPAC?