Re: [admin] Mail List Policy, Usage, Etiquette, etc. & Top-posting

On Tue, 29 May 2012, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com> wrote:
>
>       Le 29 mai 2012 à 12:59, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) a écrit :
>       > And your modified reply causes GMail not to collapse the replied-to text
>
> seems to be a GMail issue.
>
> […]
> > resolved by using an up-to-date MUA.
>
> Dare putting a list somewhere?
>

> Sure, how about:
>
>  *  Thunderbird 12
>  *  GMail
>  *  Mail.app
>  *  Opera Mail 11.64

Seriously?

Anyway I often use alpine to access list mail and your mail in particular
is very problematic (I also use thunderbird, I don't recall offhand
whether this is an issue there); for some reason you aren't adding a quote
character at the start of lines (see the way that your text and Karl's
text are quoted at the same level above).

It would be rather helpful to me, and I suspect others, if you could fix
your client misconfiguration.