Re: follow up on the discussion in HTML5 about metadata access

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 01:00:21 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Sorry about the general bad English, I'm gonna have to reword this:

> many of those are not uniform

what I mean by that is that the UAs, and by a strange extension the
servers, have champions that wish them to be other than part of the
common communication protocols, to make things special. The motivation
is clear and reasonable, do this stuff better than anyone else - but
that don't work in an environment (like the Web) that depends on
commonality

--
http://danny.ayers.name