re: Dissatisfaction with HTML WG

From: Dean Edridge <deanedridge@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 16:51:50 +1200
To: www-archive@w3.org, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Hello Lachlan

There's also this:
Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> However, I do not believe XHTML should be mandated for every user
> agent.

Yes, I agree with you. It was a simple misunderstanding on my part.
I thought that UAs would either implement all the spec or none at
all. I thought that we would have "html5 user-agents" that supported all the
I did not realize that some UAs would just implement some of
the spec and not the rest of it, so it seemed odd to me for the spec to say
that XHTML was optional. It was a simple misunderstanding on my part,
I apologize for the confusion.

Take care