Re: I am Spartacus! [was Re: revert requests]

Shelley - I wasn't suggesting speaking for you per se, just acting as
a transparent conduit (while still being happily responsible for any
repercussions).

> I will NOT skulk in the background like a naughty girl not allowed in the
> clubhouse.

What I've found most annoying since getting closer to this group isn't
the clubhouseness (I find myself agreeing with the WHATWG boys a lot
more than I'd ever have expected) but the antics of one particular
naughty boy in the showers.

I guess you should sign up again, Shelley.

Sam - I joined the WG because there were specific issues on which I
believed I have experience over which I thought bad decisions were
being made (in a word, extensibility). But hey, water under the bridge
now. Since then the process has disappointed me, I do think it's
important that the W3C HTML5 spec has better-than-usual credibility to
pre-empt stupid insertions and a return to the browser wars (this time
on mobile devices, most likely). But right now it seems a mess, moving
goalposts is one thing... Well that's it - I was going to continue
with another lousy sporting analogy, but moving goalposts is enough.
This isn't a continually evolving spec.

Grr, typical, never used to think HTML mattered much, now I do I'm too
busy trying to pay off my credit cards (took a long unscheduled
sabbatical) to be able to devote time to it.

Given this, I hope you will take on board this informal suggestion
backed up by nothing: a longer than usual Last Call period, with a
time-stamped spec. Cooling off period. Whatever the process between
that and Rec doesn't matter so much as long as people have time to
reflect in between. I can't see mutually acceptable compromises
appearing between the accessibility and flashy camps appearing
otherwise.

Hey ho, I find it exhausting and I've only been around a couple of
months. You have my sincerest sympathy Sam :)

Cheers,
Danny.

(btw, Shelley - I can't find the thread re. cross-site stuff - got pointers?)

--
http://danny.ayers.name