W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-archive@w3.org > July 2011

DOMParser and XMLSerializer tests

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 02:21:32 +0200
To: www-archive@w3.org
Message-ID: <3o9717t9dt0icu3ejl5cbq09l415ofeo6p@hive.bjoern.hoehrmann.de>
Hi,

  The other day I read some bizarre discussion about JavaScript testing
frameworks for specification compliance and figured I'll take an hour to
make a framework and a test suite. I took `XMLSerializer` and the unbe-
lievably badly designed and implemented `DOMParser` as test subjects,
largely as implemented with a feature addition, you can specify an error
handler (a DOMErrorHandler as defined in DOM Level 3 Core) in the object
constructor so you actually can tell errors apart from parsing some bi-
zarre error document (though all but one test should pass with the old
error handling behavior, or something like that).

The tests are largely exploratory as there is no specification that'd
define behavior one way or the other, though "Ms2ger" made an attempt
that I found not really sufficient at the time, which may or may not be
clear if you look at the test results. I haven't actually looked at this
since january when I made them, according to the file times. Just not
much of a reason to keep this on my hard drive... I actually spent most
of the time looking for a SHA-1 implementation that supports all Unicode
and doesn't trash the global namespace, the tests are all obvious...

Published under, let's throw some coins... GPLv3 and Artistic 2.0.

regards,
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/ 


Received on Wednesday, 6 July 2011 00:21:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 7 November 2012 14:18:37 GMT