Re: Navigation Timing Last Call and HTTP

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:29:59 -0500 (EST)
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> Happy New Year to both of you!
>
> The Web Performance Working Group is going to publish today their
> Navigation Timing draft as a Last Call document. Deadline for comments
> is February 8, 2011:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-navigation-timing-20110111/
>
> We're messing up around with HTTP in this specification, by providing
> timing information related to DNS, HTTP, and HTTPS.

Note that there are information in the HTTP RFC about time issues in
caches,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-12#section-2.3.2
is an example. So yes, there might be things to align there.
I'll try to review this ASAP.
Thanks,

--
Baroula que barouleras, au tiƩu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves