Re: Timed tracks

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:03:19 -0400
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, "Edward O'Connor" <hober0@gmail.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On 05/12/2010 02:37 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> For what it's worth, I'm happy to keep the work on WebSRT in the
> WhatWG working group. We can always submit it to the W3C once its a
> more stable proposal. That would seem allow us to work on the
> technical aspects of the spec in parallel with solving the complex
> question of which working group should handle it.

Jonas, I encourage you to review the reasons why this section was
removed from the HTML5 spec, in the editor's own words:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0197.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010May/0099.html

> / Jonas

- Sam Ruby