Re: HTML+RDFa is in-scope for HTML WG Charter

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:56:22 -0500
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: RDFa WG Team/Chairs <team-rdfa-chairs-wg@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, W3C Archive <www-archive@w3.org>
On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 16:15 -0500, Manu Sporny wrote:
> When we were publishing HTML+RDFa as a FPWD, and then again in the most
> recent draft, it was repeated several times that (paraphrasing): "Just
> because the HTML WG is publishing HTML+RDFa now does not mean that we
> intend to commit to publishing it as a REC".

Unless I'm mistaken, it remains true. And this is also true for the main
HTML5 specification as well.

> Has HTML WG, with the recent charter update, committed to HTML+RDFa as a
> WG deliverable? This text seems to imply that it has:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#deliverables

Correct. I wanted to list the existence documents being worked on in the
Working Group.

> Can I start telling people that RDFa is planned to be released as a part
> of HTML5?

Yes, as it is true as well for Canvas and Microdata. It is not part of
the HTML5 specification itself, but it is part of the HTML5 extensions.

Philippe