Re: HTML+RDFa is in-scope for HTML WG Charter

cc+: Chairs of HTML WG

On 02/26/2010 01:05 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:
> Manu Sporny wrote:
>> Since HTML+RDFa is in scope, and since there is a RDFa WG committed
>> to continuing work on RDFa, HTML+RDFa should be a deliverable REC of
>> HTML WG, right?
>
> The question is whether we really _need_ such an assertion. What I mean
> is, is there an assertion for any of the other rec track documents?

Well, there used to be only one REC track document: HTML - all the other
documents have been split out to other WGs, like WebApps.

> The
> HTML+RDFa doc has been published as a draft and will be continued to be
> done so. I do not think this question really arises (nota bene, the same
> question can be raised for the microdata and canvas documents, that were
> the subject of the last round of discussion...)

So, I think that my question is fairly simple, then.

When we were publishing HTML+RDFa as a FPWD, and then again in the most
recent draft, it was repeated several times that (paraphrasing): "Just
because the HTML WG is publishing HTML+RDFa now does not mean that we
intend to commit to publishing it as a REC".

Has HTML WG, with the recent charter update, committed to HTML+RDFa as a
WG deliverable? This text seems to imply that it has:

http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#deliverables

Can I start telling people that RDFa is planned to be released as a part
of HTML5?

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarming Goes Open Source