Re: Removal of other semantic elements

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 22:16:19 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
CC: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi, Shelley-

Shelley Powers wrote (on 4/5/10 9:33 PM):

> Doug, it would have been better if you didn't intervene in this.

Shelley, it is my job to help keep W3C lists a place where people feel
they can work.  Negative emails undermine our work environment.

>Two
> people are having an angry exchange. It will, by it's very nature,
> dissipate on its own, especially when it's in a neutral environment,
> such as www-archive. It was, in fact, beginning to dissipate, if the
> length of time between emails wasn't an indicator for you.

It seems you didn't understand my rationale.  I'm not concerned with
just this incident.  I'm trying to prevent similar incidents in the
future.  Please be more civil.  Such exchanges are not helpful.

If you want to exchange angry emails, do so so off-list, not on W3C
email lists (even this one).  Also, it is a breach of etiquette to post
private emails in public, especially in W3C space.  Please don't do that
again.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs