web sans frontiers

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 02:09:37 +0200
To: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
I just discovered there's no place to send my story.

By which I mean, bunch of stuff; global space.

Right now I have to commit to one service or another. Right now I pay
loads of money for my server space - no. This should be a human right.

I should not need that - how the hell is history gonna be told without
a commons that is supported, i18n, supported now and forever.

My recommendation is for a space to be provided by every nation
whereby a person can send their stuff off.

Which will be mirrored, for as long as the poster agrees, forever.

Read/write is definitely something we need in the near term, immediate
stuff too - we've grown out of broadcast.

But universal postability is still not here.

The Web does not support that yet, it should.

While the immediacy of mobile &  ubiquity look sweet, the ability
server-side just to drop stuff in might have greater gains.

In short, I believe people should be able to speak over the Web, without cost.

Tell me if I'm daft.

Cheers,
Danny.

--