Re: Making it possible to use an <svg> root in text/html

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 23:31:24 +0900, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
wrote:
> I may be wrong, but I don't think that's Henri's point.  I think we can
> all agree that svg served as text/html should never be considered
> conformant.

I, for one, would love to author a simplified version of SVG that I can
just put with text/html on my server, for what it's worth. (E.g. not
having to deal with namespaces, XML syntax nonsense, etc.) However, I
should note that if the root element does not actually become <svg> my use
case vanishes. (I mainly use SVG for images. Though I guess you could
change all the requirements for SVG as image too, I do not think that
would be a good idea.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/